Sant Jordi, books and roses

Today is April 23, St. George's Day in Catalonia and many other places in the world, of course. In our country, on this special day many activities are carried out, but the typical and most popular are the purchase of books and roses. I won't get you bored telling you the legend of St. George, historical facts and the typical information, if you want to know more about the tradition you can read in books and on the internet, that will explain it better. I will take this opportunity to recommend several books that I have recently read and that perhaps some of you may be interested.

I will start with the book I finished just yesterday, and which pleasantly surprised me: 

Amazon.fr - The Man Who Counted: A Collection of Mathematical ...

1. The Man Who Counted - Júlio César de Mello e Souza
In this story, starring the same characters in each situation, mathematics are used as a tool to solve everyday problems and situations, in the Middle East in the XIII century. Book for any age, which makes you have a good time and at the same time allows you to reflect on small math problems of the most curious. Finally, what is appreciated about the book is that the stories are short with quick chapters to read. Reading this book can be combined with any other at the same time.
Le Théorème du perroquet (Roman) eBook: Guedj, Denis: Amazon.fr



2. Le Théorème du Perroquet - Denis Guedj
In this second book, we continue with the mathematical theme but focused differently. In this novel, we find a long story that will take us on a journey through the world and through the history of mathematics. A book recommended for people who are eager to start a long story to spend a few hours in it. The mystery and the small historical facts will hypnotize the reader who will not be able to stop turning page after page. The more than 500 pages of the novel will pass quickly by someone eager to devour it. 

Autre-Monde, Tome 1 : L'Alliance des Trois - Babelio

I could make you a list only of math books, but for people with a different taste I have some other different and equally interesting reading outside of this abstract world.

3. L'Alliance des Trois - Maxime Chattam
For those who want to start a series of books, here I present to you the first story of the novelistic series Autre-monde. A curious story that takes us to a post apocalyptic world, where survival and friendship will prevail as necessary. I read this book last summer and I still haven't dared to start the second one. The series consists of 8 books, if anyone dares to read it all, let me know how long it has taken.

What I Talk About.jpg
4. El parque prohibido - Andrés Ibáñez Segura
For the younger ones, I recommend this youth book. If I have to be honest, I don’t remember much about where the story was going since I read it a few years ago. But I can tell you that, again, this is an adventure book with action and mystery.

5. What I Talk About When I Talk About Running - Haruki Murakami 
And lastly but not least, I present to you the memoir of the Japanese writer and sportsman, Haruki Murakami. A review of his marathon life. A short book to read on a summer afternoon, highly recommended for the people who likes sports or conversely for people who do not like sports.

EXTRA BOOKS

6. Victus - Albert Sánchez Piñol

7. Tales of the Unease - Arthur Conan Doyle
 

Comments

Popular Posts