The beginning

This week, I have written a short paragraph telling the beginning of a short story. Leave me below in the comments your opinion, I would like to know what you think.

One day, I was walking down the street with some friends. It was a Friday evening in the middle of the summer and we were going to the park to play football. Obviously, it was hot, middle August, 30ºC. We decided to stop in a grocery store to take a couple of water bottles. I decided to wait outside as we were four, so there was not need to be all of us inside. While I was waiting outside, I stared at a store across the street. I was not familiar with the town as I lived elsewhere. I crossed the street. In the display window, there were several miniature cranes and trucks. As I had still some time until they finished the purchase, I entered the store, I was quite curious. Inside, there were plenty of this miniatures arranged on shelves. That was a paradise in the world of miniatures; endless shelves full of cars, trucks, and all kinds of machines. The boutique was not very large but had several corridors. I walked around some minutes. Suddenly, the owner appeared before me. He asked if I needed something. I was not familiar with this type of collecting. I was just there because I had nothing else to do. But, this unfamiliar world piqued my curiosity. I asked him if he had any special small-scale to show me. He told me to follow him, he turned and headed for a door at the bottom of the left passage. In the background, the light did not reach so well through the window. It was a little dark. He took some keys out of his trouser pocket and opened a rather old lock. He turned the keys and then grabbed the lever and opened the wooden door with a loud bang. He pressed a button to turn on the lights and then, a light bulb came on the ceiling of a small room inside. I went in, I couldn’t believe what was inside. To be continued...

Comments

  1. I like how you write, will be waiting for the next part!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts